I have been practicing yoga semi-regularly for about 9 months. I find it helps me relax and get into a meditative state that lends itself well to doing Tarot readings. Anyone who attends regularly gets used to unusual phrases or requests from yoga instructors that might sound very strange to others. Here are some that I can remember over the past months that made me smile, or raise an eyebrow…
- Walk your shoulders away from your ears.
- Root into your sit bones.
- Relax the space between your eyebrows.
- Breathe into your skull.
- Really air out those armpits.
- Bring life to your pelvis and name what you are feeling there. What color is it?
- Push out that which does not serve you.
- We’re going to massage our eyeballs today.
- Your third eye is looking back at you – what shape is it?
- Pretend your flesh is melting into the floor.
Do you have others you’ve heard? I’d love to see them in the comments below.